Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Little Sunday Quiet Time..

Today has been a little bit different.

It's actually quiet today. I've spent some time doing chores (some things never change)
such as laundry, cleaning out the fridge, cleaning - but I've also been reading today, too.

I've gotten quite captivated by some of the Karen Kingsbury books, especially the Redemption series, which chronicles the lives of the Baxter family. Kingsbury writes so well, that you actually feel as if you know the Baxters.

Once the chores were done, I decided to stay in and read. The reading led me to spend some quiet time alone with God.

"Quiet time alone with God..."

That has gotten more difficult. Our house is generally bustling with kids, grandkids, ringing phones, clanging dishes in the kitchen..it's [retty much anything but quiet.

Natuarally, I prayed for Marianne's healing, as I do every day, but today I was able to pray more specifically about some of my own fears and doubts. Things I usually try to avoid.

Things like..
What's wrong with me? Why can't I find a job in radio like I had before?

"I have a plan and purpose for you. Don't be discouraged."

I'm not a good provider, even though I try so hard.

"I will supply your every need."

A line from the Kingsbury book stuck in my mind. Imagine that you are a passenger in a car, going for a Sunday drive. God is at the wheel. The road may take you through valleys, dark tunnels and unexpected paths - but God is driving! All you need to do is let Him handle the journey.

Quiet day? Well, sure. But definitely not a wasted day. I spent some of it with God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home