Thursday, June 21, 2007

Marianne Update # 2

Marianne was moved from the hospital to HealthSouth Rehab today.

Family friend Robert Roe was kind enough to take me over to see her at HealthSouth
late this afternoon, and there was some improvement today, especially regarding the pain
intensity. She seemed to be in better spirits today and I left feeling better than yesterday.

It still appears she's in for about two weeks at HealthSouth, with possibly up to eight weeks of total recovery time.

The phone calls have tapered off, at least here at home. Rob also took me out to eat with Rose
and the boys, which I appreciated because I can't seem to get in the groove of cooking an evening meal for one. I used to do it, but just haven't for several years now.

Today we were able to take her in a wheelchair outside to the courtyard and gazebo, and then
around to a small picnic area. I guess we were with her about 2 hours.

I do feel less worried about her recovery..last night scared me a little and I had a hard time getting to sleep. Of course, then today I could barely keep my eyes open!

But we are both in better spirits today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home