Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Finally Bit the Bullet...

...and purchased the catalog copywriting course by Jay White.

For some time now, I've been investigating the coptwriting niche of writing catalog blocks as opposed to writing the more familiar long sales letters used in direct mail and on the web.

My schedule has stayed so..full..so, well, interrupted...that spending weeks on a single project
that I couldn't put my heart into was just not appealing to me. Maybe it felt too much like work.

In any case, I purchased the course and have printed out the bulk of it already. Now, this is
something I believe I can fit into my schedule. Even if I can't, a few extra hours over the weekend will keep me going.

I've set, and shared with Marianne, my goals and levels that I intend to hit. This is certainly doable. And I'm ready to begin prospecting for catalog clients beginning the first week in June,
after our short vacation time.

If I can overcome the hurdle of getting clients...the main problem I kept encountering with the more traditional copywriting gigs...then the hard part of the battle will be won.

I'm ready to GO GET 'EM!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home