Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Winding Things Down A Bit on WJJD

With the realization that Internet radio is never going to be a venture that will provide any type of income, I've decided, for the time being, that I'm not going to do any more promotion of the station for a while.

As long as I can afford to keep it, I will, for I enjoy listening to it myself, especially while I'm writing on the computer and the boys are taking their naps. I will continue to update the playlists and will likely keep doing the Sunday night shows for a while longer.

But I won't be doing any promotions, emails, or mail-outs promoting it any longer. I just don't feel like spending more time, energy and money on it right now(other than the monthly streaming fees.)

Right now I'm turning to other things to try to survive, especially some direct-mail work with the California company. That continues to show promose. While it has not quite reached the break-even point, it has brought in more money than WJJD did for all of 2006.

This is likely the last time I'm going to write about WJJD, or the royalty rates for a while. It's
getting time to move forward to the next project..which is raising money for the next real project. More later.

I've got renovations to help with, so won't be back to write any more this week. Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home