Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tennessee Was Wonderful!

Our trip to Madisonville, Tennessee was refreshing and really gave both me and Marianne some much needed respite away from the demands of being at home.

Marianne's parents have a very nice house, complete with an enclosed swimming pool (which is also heated, incidentally), a screened-in back porch with rocking chairs, a front porch with a swing
and a jacuzzi. Heck, I only left once the entire week, and that was when we took the boys to a park to feed the ducks. It was like going to a resort, almost.

The only bad part of the entire time was the trip home. Winding through the mountains wreaked havoc on my stomach, even after taking Bonine. I was nauseous for about 6 hours, recovering somewhat about the time we reached Macon, Georgia around 4 in the afternoon. I assure you, the trip home seemed like a LLLLOOOOONNNNGGGGGG ride, especially while I was feeling ill.

But..Tennessee is beautiful. I must admit, it seemed like it was getting light there around 5:30 a.m., and maybe it was..never looked at the clock to see. We ended up getting up around our normal time every day, as the boys woke up shortly after 7 in the morning. We went swimming daily. Marianne and Grandma Barton went to ceramics class a couple of times. I opted for the screened-in porch and rocking chairs. Even managed to do some light (translation: non work related) reading while I was there.

I must admit to feeling a little blue about coming home. I really couldn't find anything that excited me in the least about coming home, rather than being able to walk around on familiar turf and get my stomach better.

Thank God for in-laws who didn't mind having us come for a visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home