Friday, June 08, 2007

Musicbox Needs A Building..

As I've begun putting together all of the plans for the new Musicbox Part 15 radio station, it is
very clear that if I don't get it into a larger space, there will barely be room to squeeze past
the doors, much less move around in, the control room.

It's quite a challenge to figure out things like: What will it take to keep WJJD on the air while also running separate programs over the AM? Do I need some extra equipment for production?
Where will all the music be stored? Can I still technically get my live show on WJJD if I want?

Since the idea of using the other mobile home didn't pan out, I'm looking into a separate radio building. I've figured that 336 square feet (the equivalent of a 12x30 portable building) is the
bare minimum. I'm also going to have to air-condition it, as the equipment needs a cooler environment to work best and last longer. I'm also hoping to have enough windows that from the on-air position, there is visibility on both sides and also in front.

I don't know who all reads the blog, but if you are aware of any small buildings for say, under $5000, I'd appreciate you letting me know!

I'd really like to get this station on the air..and I still have a transmitter to purchase.

The Musicbox site is HERE

Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home