Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Always on a Mountain When I Fall..

One of the country songs about "losing" that's been around for most of my life is
by Merle Haggard called "Always on a Mountain When I Fall." In the chorus he sings,
"Losing wouldn't be so bad at all, but I'm always on a mountain when I fall."

I'm relating more and more to that song, but not in terms of love life. I've about come to
the point of giving up in regards to our housing problem. I can't make our
house pass muster with the Arbor health and safety requirements. I've not heard
anything back from the small housing grant, and in any case, that particular house has already been sold, so it's pretty much a moot point.

I'm tired of brick walls, and of getting my hopes up only to be shot back down. I guess
I'll try to piecemeal fix what is fixable on this place and stop trying to pursue buying something to replace it at this point. I've become frustrated almost to the point of anger and I just can't
continue this battle with no support.

Case in point: We still have no furnace. We have three space heaters, which is probably a violation of the health and safety regs right there..but it is all we can do. I appealed for help in the fall, with no response from anyone. Guess it's not that important to folks that we have no heat, and yet I have two young boys here. My temporary fix was to go to Lowe's and buy three safe space heaters.

My best hope is that the entire proerty will sell, and we'll have to move. Of course, we hope the move is to a bigger farm. That's my dream, and I know it's Mom and Dad's as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home