Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wishing You A Happy 2007

This could be my final post for the year.

Beginning tomorrow, I'll be totally booked up with holiday things..tomorrow will be a big baking day. After that..family get-togethers, parties and such. I'm making home-baked goodies for the majority of adults on our Christmas list, becaise we had only a small amount of cash to spend for gifts, so we bought for the young kids. Most of us grown-ups have too much stuff as it is.

We are also going to travel a little and get out of the house. We are going to spend Christmas morning at my folks and have dinner there, then later the grandsons will be coming over to open their gifts.

After that, it's off to see Marianne's parents in Tennessee, then over to Easley, S.C., to visit Marianne's oldest son, Tim, and his family. They have two foster children and are hoping to adopt them. It will be our first time to meet the kids. We'll be there for New Year's events before heading home.

I don't plan to check email, post on the blog, or anything of the sort until Jan. 3. From Christmas Eve until Jan. 3 I'm going offline, EXCEPT to briefly check on the internet radio station. I am
feeling a definite need to re-connect with people and be away from the computer.

I have a MAJOR project mail-out scheduled for Jan. 3 and 4 with EasyLife/Universal Direct, so
that will have top priority. I'm planning to have it ready before Christmas. Then, right after New Year's, pop it into the mail..and viola..done. So far I'm on schedule with this project. Of
course, after that, the cycle will start all over again.

For some reason, I'm feeling a deep need to succeed with this particular venture, with as little help as possible. Maybe it's a guy thing. I know it's tied to my self-esteem and need to earn a decent living from home. I like the fact that it's not radio-related. It's not online. And unobtrusive. Except for having to work a few evenings, no one even has to know I'm working
on it. Often I don't turn on a radio or anything else while I'm in the dining room/office setup over in GG's house. Sometimes I can almost sense that she's encouraging me with it.

Whatever your hopes and dreams are for 2007, don't give up. Keep trying. For a while I became unwilling or unable to dream anymore, and I felt stagnant and hopeless. And, when you're there, nothing much changes. My dreams have changed somewhat, yes. After all the hurricanes and shark attacks, I don't want a beach house. I don't want an outside boring job
pushing buttons for Clear Channel or Cumulus, while someone from syndicated talk land rambles on and on over the air.

My dreams are more like:

A more secure financial footing and security by being my own boss
Providing better and safer housing for my family
Ultimately earning enough to bring Marianne home if that's what she still wants

So, it's less about "stuff" and more about peace of mind, to put it in a nutshell.

So, until next time, MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

See you next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home