Sunday, November 19, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

This coming week will be full of activities..

Cooking and cleaning for Thanksgiving, pulling together Christmas music and broadcasts for the December music broadcasts on WJJD, visiting family and friends, eating..you know how it goes.

We were planning to travel at Thanksgiving but have made some changes, and will make that trip closer to Christmas/New Year's in order to see more folks when we make that trip.

I've shared some of our circumstances on this blog, many of which have not been good. 2006 has been a tough year foir our family in a number of ways. However, we still have a lot to be thankful for.

Our housing problem has not been solved. For now, we've boarded up the master bathroom floor with plywood, bought a couple of new safer-model space heaters to keep from freezing 9since the furnace has been declared "gone" by my friend from the local propane company)
and go next door to do laundry. It's not quite satisfactory, but hopefully we can get through the winter.

I've been saddened to note that some radio folks that I've become familiar with through their air shifts have recently lost their jobs. Clear Channel's Cutmobile did hit their Tallahassee cluster of stations. For these folks, losing their jobs right at Thanksgiving is most likely a tough
situation for them.

It's also another reason that I do not wish to work for another radio owner/company/
conglomerate
ever again. There's absolutely zero loyalty or security with them. I know. I've
been through this. And through this..Until I basically got fed up with the whole mess of the way the radio business works.

But I'm NOT tired of radio. That's why I do hope to be able to take WJJD pro, so that ultimately it can become sulf-sufficient and maybe help provide me with a viable business. Right now, it's a good station that people like, but it doesn't earn money on the stream itself. That means a lot of effort on programming, promotion and such with no return. It's a venture that takes a good amount of time, since I work on it almost daily in order to keep it fresh.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I'll write more next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home