Monday, October 30, 2006

MUSIC OF NEW LIFE..in jeopardy?

I received word today from Arbor Education that they will no longer pay for preschool services for Benjamin and Daniel after tomorrow, October 31. Talk about short notice!

Not that the boys are in any danger of not having care. I just won't be paid my whopping $400-ish a month from Arbor.

Because donations to Christian station MUSIC OF NEW LIFE have not been coming in for several months now, there is a real possibility that I may sign the station off for good by the end of the year. I would put a bit more effort into WJJD, which is by far our stronger station. A lot depends on response rates to some mailings that I'm working on now.

Effective Nov. 1 I plan to begin as an independent contractor for a marketing company in California. My pay with them is based on response rates, but the initial test has been encouraging. I'll reveal the name of the company at a later date after I've gotten into a
regular schedule of sorts with them. I plan to work on their projects three or four nights per week for the next 90 days. If it's bringing us an income by then, I'll keep going. If it's not, I'll
seriously look at some major changes career-wise.

In the meantime, keep in mind that MUSIC OF NEW LIFE Radio requires $480 per year
to exist. That's the basic streaming and music license charges. It doesn't include the DSL,
equipment purchases and such. If the station is a blessing to you, please let me know via email at alanmccal@hotmail.com or consider sending a donation to help. If nothing comes in to help the station in the next few weeks, I may have no alternative but to close her down.

Folks, we need your prayers. Life is a real struggle right now.

Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home