Monday, October 02, 2006

New Month, New Ideas..

It's been a whirlwind few weeks as I'm settling into a new routine of taking care of grandsons Benjamin, 3, and Daniel, 2, as a full time (40 hour a week) caretaker. I'm paid by Arbor Education and Training to do preschool teaching activities with them. Fpr one thing, they arrive around 7:00 AM so days start a bit earlier than they did before.

WJJD may become a "pro" station within a few months, as this would allow me to sell air time directly in my stream. I can't do that at the moment. There is some interest, and I'll be exploring options regarding this over the next month or so. I've targeted about 40 ad agencies to approach regarding this.

I'm a bit discouraged in the quest for a replacement house. The bottom line is, we are too poor ro have much leverage of any kind. I really do not know what to do, or where to turn, for help with this. Guess nobody really cares if we fall through the floor or not.

Marianne is job hunting. We are hoping that her new degree has some value in the workplace. God knows my degree didn't help me much in Tallahassee. She's continuing her work at Chaires Elementary in the meantime.

I'm seeking a couple of long-term clients for the copywriting business. I'll be putting in some night hours throughout the fall to build the writing business and the radio station's ability to go "pro."

For those readers that are Christian, we need your prayers. We are really struggling at the moment and the 70-plus hours a week is wearing me out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home