Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Going Offline More..

I have been studying businesses and business models in relation to my copywriting education and one thing is becoming clear to me.

My preference involves working for offline businesses. By that, I mean that even if the business has an online presence, most of its marketing and promotion is done offline - direct mail, for instance.

I believe I have found a company that promotes in this way, and this month I begin work for them as an independent contractor. My portion of involvement includes part of their direct mail letter and presentation. The sales letter includes an order form that can be mailed in, or there is also a link to an online order page. The initial testing has been promising.

My pay is based on results rather than time. That is also appealing, since there is no set number of hours to work. You can be sure I will be putting in the time necessary to earn good pay.

This is a step in the direction I want to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home