Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Miss Doing Live Shows

I did a live southern gospel music show on the evening of Sunday, Oct. 29..and enjoyed it immensely.

It was the first SG program I'd done live in almost two years. I felt that I was a little rusty at first, but none of the 3 listeners wrote me anything bad, so I guess it sounded okay.

With the future of MUSIC OF NEW LIFE in jeopardy, I ended up spending several hours engineering an audio feed line over to WJJD's control room. I don't have the proper cables, but it would be interesting to somehow work out the ability to simulcast over the two stations. I've
already been working on a way to do live remotes. All of this is in prep for the aspirations of ultimately taking WJJD to the professional level. MUSIC OF NEW LIFE doesn't have the listener base that WJJD does, so in the long run, I may go back to just one station - WJJD. It would be less expensive to just do my gospel shows there on Sundays.

In any event, this coming Sunday I'm planning to try again..hopefully on MUSIC OF NEW LIFE.
If the technical glitches continue, however, I will close it down quietly and just direct listeners over to WJJD, where I could possibly be doing more live shows soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home