Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More of Life's Twists and Turns..

I've made a slight change to the internet radio station.

Don't worry. The playlist is intact. The classic country is still there. I've just decided to dual-ID the station as WJJD-WLOR-Country Giant.

The only difference is that there will be slightly more station IDs/jingles from the 60s-70s era. I
just happened to come across some old tapes last week during the holidays. WLOR, which was in Thomasville, was a favorire station of mine, as I've mentioned before here on the blog. So some jingles say WJJD and others say WLOR..same basic packages and imaging for two different stations. Everything else will remain the same.

A possible interim solution to our housing crisis may be coming together, although it's not quite what we wanted. I'm thinking that building a dual (front and back) screen porch/outdoor living space to combine with what may be our new residence for the purpose of adding space, as it is not quite as big as our mobile home now. Please pray for this need, as we have only a couple of space heaters and no furnace. I've applied for a housing grant to help with the funding.

And, as far as earning a living..I'm going with the mostly offline model that I mentioned on Nov. 1. That kicks off bigtime in the next few days, as soon as their package arrives. I can't wait to really dive into this project and work to build a business that does not require any MLM, meetings, asking family and friends to buy stuff or anything like that. I did some work for this company once before and the results were decent. The only difference now is, I've got to really take it full-tilt and make it work. Then, next year, maybe things will be in place to take the radio station to the pro level. I won't do it until advertising contracts and orders are sufficient to make it pay its way and pay all the associated expenses.

And, as far as 1330 AM, which I mentioned a couple of weeks ago..it's been silent since Oct. 30.
The party holding the time brokerage agreement is probably discovering that they can't raise enough funds to keep operating. The owners won't spend the money necessary to get it compliant. I predict the demise of this station unless the Lord intervenes. There's no middle ground between these parties, as I discovered a bit harshly last week. I'll never mention, consult, or become involved with this station ever again under the current situation..unless, of course, the bailiff serves me with a lawsuit intended for the licensee..since I'm still the registered agent. I fully expect some suits to be filed at some point over this facility. All of this over a daytime station that has been mostly forgotten now by the community. I got the music out of there in 2002 so I guess that was the best asset from its CCM days anyway. So long 1330.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home