Wednesday, December 13, 2006

2007..The Year of the Facelift

I have a MAJOR New Year's resolution and goal for 2007.

The goal is to replace our mobile home with a different one. The new one is slightly smaller
which I'm starting to think could be a good thing.

Because..I also want to have created and built, two outdoor living areas. A front porch, which will be at least covered and furnished with a couple of rocking chairs, and possibly screened in..will be the first. The second will be a completely screened in and covered back porch/deck large enough for some furniture, a table and room for the boys to play.

If things go according to schedule, this will take place in the spring. This mobile home will be
pulled out and either hauled off or donated to a ministry. Then the new one will be placed on our same homesite, but angled differently, which will create a better backyard layout.

The radio station will have to be relocated. There won't be any space for it in the new house.
So it will get a makeover as well, which is also a good thing. There is simply not enough room
here for it to stay uncluttered. It most likely will move next door, at least for a while. That will
give it plenty of room, along with my EasyLife business.

I'm sure that this will push us into getting things better organized. That in itself has just GOTTA happen.

That's such a lofty goal I don't hardly need others! But here they are..

1.) To build the EasyLife business up to a viable income producer. I've already set up goals
to meet, so that I know exactly what to strive for each quarter.

2.) To work on my self-esteem. Our financial situation has destroyed my self-esteem, which was never that good to begin with. Since leaving WCVC in 2004 I've felt like I have never quite figured out what it is I'm supposed to be doing with my life.

3.) To work on "connecting" with people. I feel so detached and isolated since leaving commercial radio that I have not been able to really develop new friendships. I'm finding
it difficult, since my answer to "What do you do" is "Stay home with the two grandsons."
That's not a career, it's a temporary deal to help their mother get her career started. I feel like I don't have much to offer anyone.

4.) To complete my writing course. This will happen, but I felt it was important to put it in writing along with the other items.

Thought I'd get an early start on these resolutions, since the cleaning for the facelift is already
getting underway. Why wait??!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home