Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I Actually Listened to the Radio...

During our holiday travels, I actually listened to, and liked, several radio personalities
and terrestrial radio stations. Of course, my format of choice is country, for the most part.

We traveled through Georgia, Tennessee, and the Carolinas to visit with family. The stations
that I enjoyed along the way were:

WDEN 99.1 FM in Macon - listened to several hours of Gail Daniels' midday shift and enjoyed it as much as ever. I like WDEN overall, and Gail sounds great on the air. I was especially pleased to note the contact information on the WDEN website. Also I noted that the jingle package is the same as Tallahassee's WAIB (B103.)

KICKS 101.5 in Atlanta - I caught part of Wylie Rose's afternoon drive show and heard a song with "I Will Be Your Everything" in the chorus that I really liked and had never heard. These Georgia stations seem to be ahead of Tallahassee's in the new releases. I think the only thing
about KICKS that I don't like is the long stop-sets, although the "Kicks 1015" ID in the middle is
a nice touch.

WNGC 106.1 in Athens - I only discovered this station during the trip home on Jan. 2. I especially liked the style of Shana Vaughn during the middays and the all-request lunch program. The station reminds me of Tallahassee's long-gone KIX 99.9 and Carole Chastain's midday program.

Also caught just a few minutes of WNPC-AM in Newport, Tennessee, whuch was playing
soft oldies/AC. We lost their 1 kw signal, though, since we were in the mountains at this time.
I would have liked to have been able to listen longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home