Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One of the Hardest Pieces I've Written..

I spent the better part of this past Sunday working on a writing project. Turns out, this
particular project was one of the most difficult pieces I've worked on.

It was my own self-promotion letter.

It seemed to take a while before I could get it to "flow" the way I believed it should. Eventually,
it did, but it took me some time to get there.

I didn't want to put it off any longer, however. I'm approaching the catalog market, and wanted to have something fresh to put into their hands.

One of the things I've been working on is narrowing down my niche. It's still pretty broad, but here are the top interests I have in the catalog/sales letter writing field:

Home Improvement
Electronics
Broadcast/radio station electronics
The Senior Living/Baby Boomer market
Faith-based catalogs/products
Clocks
Home Appliances
Children's Toys
Outdoor Living/Pool
Real Estate


That seems like a pretty broad list that could be narrowed down more, but I believe I'll go with this list for the time being.

I'll be updating my writing website soon to reflect my new self-promo letter and get the website and the direct-mail letter in synch with each other.

Having attempted things and having my hopes dashed before, I find it difficult to get too excited about any new venture these days. But I sure am working hard on this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home