Thursday, October 18, 2007

New Direction for Pro-Results?

After several months of languishing in no-mans-land, I'm developing a bit of a different direction
for my Pro-Results-Advertising venture.

There are several reasons for the change. First, I have found little-to-no response from marketing
copywriting on a local basis. Matter of fact, I've lost money and time trying to beat life into this (local) dead horse. I'm dismounting today.

More importantly, I just don't have the passion for writing on a daily basis. Sometimes I sit down and the words pour out. Other days I just draw a blank. I think my plate is just too full with family,
the tasks of taking care of the boys full time, developing Musicbox 1610 and its underlying FCC docket which would increase its power substantially. My passion is still radio and I can't seem to
get that same passion going in anything else.

Pro-Results is going to focus MUCH less on writing. I will still be pursuing catalog copywriting
jobs..but nothing else involved in copywriting.

The catalyst for this change, however, is positive: I have recently signed a three-year agreement with a California company to help develop business for them. This is a real service business involving carpet and upholstery cleaning, and helping people start their own business in this area. I'm only involved in marketing - and helping the company get their advertising out
in front of people.

Why did THIS appeal to me?

For starters, it's not another "Internet opportunity." I've been disappointed with much of what's out there in this field. I also am not interested in anything dealing with MLM, meetings,
pitching to your family and friends, or telephone sales. Been there, done that. Had enough.

I like this gig because it pays well..the pay is based on results, but it is a GOOD commission. With some decent responses, there should be no reason not to make enough to pay off our debts and make a decent living. I've got three years to make it work..which I also like..a company that thinks long-term, rather than the next few weeks ahead.

As I still also do work for EasyLife Marketing, this gives me two companies to work with. EasyLife's pay is less, and rather erratic, but is still worth doing. That income helped fund
the transmitter for Musicbox.

For about the next 6 months, I am going to focus like a cat on building up these two businesses.
Since it won't be necessary to spend so much time on copywriting boards searching out jobs that I almost NEVER even hear back from, business should improve. Knowing that the bulk of the
business income will come from two companies rather than hit-or-miss or nonpaying clients
will hopefully alleviate some of the frustrations and concerns I've had in recent weeks.

I'll be revamping the Pro website in a few days to reflect some of my new direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home