Monday, October 22, 2007

MUSIC OF NEW LIFE returns to local airwaves..

The Christian classics of the 70s, 80s, 90 and early 2000s have returned to the air..at least part-time.

The program, which was developed over at WCVC years ago, went off the air in 2001 when that station changed to a talk format.

It returned to the air via the internet when I ran the MUSIC OF NEW LIFE station on Live365
from February to November of 2006. Technical problems with the computer and increasing costs
made me rethink the idea, and it ceased operations last November 3.

After a marathon 20-hour workday on Saturday that lasted until around 3 a.m., and a couple of hours of sleep, I was up early Sunday in order to sign on Musicbox 1610 with..MUSIC OF NEW LIFE.

My former 1160 AM studio is now fully functional again, and is capable of being used for
production, voice work and such while also being wired into the 1610 control room, allowing
me to broadcast the Christian music show live..without running back and forth between rooms
to grab music.

My October 21 program sure felt like a throwback to radio's retro days..cueing records,
cassette tapes and searching for CDs..reminded me of my early days with WCVC. I played some songs I haven't heard in a long time and enjoyed it thoroughly. I ended up staying live until noon, having a personal worship service right on the air. I felt lifted all day long.

MUSIC OF NEW LIFE will air Sundays from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. on a regular basis. If you're
in the vicinity of the Super Wal-Mart on the Parkway, be sure to tune in. The station is
Musicbox 1610 AM.

Interestingly enough, it was the ONLY music on AM radio..everyone else had satellite feeds or preachers. That's what I discovered at around 8 a.m.

I'm not naive enough to believe that the pea-shooter station can make a difference or have an impact, but after listening to the big boys, I see why Tallahassee AM radio has a dismal 2.1 share in the ratings. (Almost 98% of the available listeners..choose not to.) It gives ME
something to listen to..and that's enough reason to keep it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home