Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ever Feel Like You're Drowning With No Life Jacket?

That's how I felt after attempting to balance the household budget at the end of June.

Seems everywhere you turn, folks are pinched. Increasing food costs. Gas prices. Layoffs.

Both of the churches we attend have shortfalls in their budgets. We do too, $1523 worth.
Between dipping into savings and short revenue in business, that's how far we were from staying within budget.

I don't wanna even look at July.

A few nights ago I told Marianne how much not being able to financially support our family has hurt my self-esteem. Truth is, it's almost totally destroyed.

But..here's the important part. Many people are looking at Barack Obama or John McCain for a sense of hope. The rift in our country is somewhat of an indication of just how desperate our nation has become.

We've turned away from God. Now, we are paying the price - and it's a high one, literally.

After several nights of tossing and turning and dreaming about drowining in a sea of debt, I
stumbled into something that gave me an idea.

Read it in the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home