Tuesday, June 17, 2008

You Know Those Stimulus Checks..

...seemed to trigger a chain of events for us..and that chain ain't been too good!

Marianne and I agreed beforehand that we would just split the stimulus check 50/50. She
had some things she wanted, while I planned to use my half towards the radio station upgrade.
Well, I'm still going to. But on her side..

The stimulus check came on a Monday. Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, the car ended up with a flat tire. And not just flat. Gouged. Unfixable. Had to be replaced.

Marianne spent her half just on the new tires for the car.

But wait, there's more.

Now whe's having to have some dental work done. The first visit cost $108. And she's
got to go back a couple more times. We had to take money out of savings.

In the meantime..

She never heard back from her interview at the new school. School L. Piddley-poor name for a new school..but maybe they'll get around to naming it something someday.

Her current employer, Chaires Elementary, gave her a letter on the last day of school basically demoting her back to OPS status, with no benefits.

We seem to be stuck in a mudhole we can't get out of.

The house continues to fall apart; we still have not been able to replace the furnace; and,
for all intents and purposes, since we had to take out of savings, we went backwards by at least $500.

I admit that I'm feeling very discouraged. No one wants to hire a former deejay that is old school and can do things like cue vinyl records, produce spots onto a cart, and keep a station on air
literally all day singlehandedly. But I don't understand the computer editing programs like Audacity or some of the other systems in use. I can operate a mean ZaraRadio automation system, though!

That's why I'm putting so much into upgrading the Internet stream. My 1610 signal has too small of a coverage area to be sellable. It just isn't. I'm looking into carrier current and other means of better coverage..but we are sinking in the meantime. Food and gas prices alone are eating us up.

I offered Marianne my half but she didn't take it. I really want this Internet venture to work at least enough to help pay the bills.

You can read more about it at the WJJD website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home