Friday, July 20, 2007

Taking the Plunge....

I've already begun the first steps of moving in the direction of catalog copywriting.

No, I don't mean buying a course and sitting it on a shelf.

I purchased Jay White's course and dove right into it. I didn't have writing samples, so I've been doing some practicing and maybe will eventually put them on the website, if it becomes necessary.

Now, Jay's course includes job leads, and that in itself is an extremely helpful resource. But I've also done some additional things, like registering on the Target Marketing Job Board, where you can post your resume and information; getting job alerts from Indeed.com, Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com; plus just doing some searching on my own for things a little "off the beaten path."

And..I've got leads. Lots of leads.

If you look a few posts back, you'll see where I told you about my favorite niches. Basically, when it comes down to it, the only thing I don't like writing about is women's clothing! That
field, I'll leave up to some of the ladies who enjoy that niche, and there are plenty who do.

I've decided to really begin my self-marketing in earnest in August. That's when Aaron goes back to school, Marianne will be back at work, at least part-time, and I'll no longer be dealing with mountains of paperwork from Arbor. Even if I have to do the actual writing in the evenings, I'd like to be available at least for an hour or two each day for communicating with
prospective clients and folks I'm doing work for.

Because this family deserves more than what I can give them at the moment.

This tiger's getting ready to roar...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home