Sunday, April 30, 2006

Potpourri From This Week..

Today, I thought I'd wrap up all the loose ends from the week. It's been a hectic one, and a difficult one, but we've slogged on through.

To so many who sent emails, cards, letters, and flowers on to me and the family, we want to say "Thank you." We have a scrapbook of momentos underway.

To the Rev. James Peacock, known in the family as "Uncle Sonny," thank you for the beautiful service you performed. We've received many compliments and comments on your behalf and it is only right to let you know how much you are appreciated. Thank you!

By Friday night, I found myself just literally and emotionally exhausted. I'm going to have to take some time today to clean up my own house. Chores kind of went by the wayside for a few days. It wasn't easy to write for those first couple of days.

The family is doing well for the most part. Yes, we know GG is in a better place and if there are any kitchens in heaven, she'll be right there in the middle of it all. But, there's quite a hole that she left, that will never be filled in quite the same way again.

Of course, life goes on. She would be proud to know that:

I'm intensifying my studies in the copywriting field. I'm simultaneously taking
the original accelarated course I started with, plus now a seminar that should take the new business on to a higher level.

The two radio stations have, combined, reached many listeners all over the world with more than 13, 700 streams..and growing.

I'm a way better cook today, due in part to things I learned from her. I never DID get her knack for making gravy, though!!

******************************************************************

I'm amazed at the number of people who have read through this blog so far. I have heard from radio people, copywriters, advertising account executives, International Harvester fans, relatives..and even people I only know through their "usernames" on radio forums and such. I'm answering every email, so if you haven't received a personal reply yet, I assure you, you will.

The daily blog resumes tomorrow so don't go away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home