Monday, April 24, 2006

Bear's Birthday; Big D-Day; and Happy Monday To You

Bear, one of my best friends and confidantes, celebrates a birthday today.
Okay, he's the Chihuahua. I'm still considering baking a cake..any reason will do.

I received a couple of really interesting email stories in regards to the International "Loadstars" post. I'm going to have to come back and revisit the Loadstar topic some more. A couple of these stories are just plain fascinating.

On Friday, I sent my immediate family an email called "Big D-Day." This is in reference to the big decision to really move forward in the new copywriting and marketing business. On Friday, with my folks' help, I ordered the H & T DVD Seminar set. It's not cheap. But I believe it's exactly what I need to get to where I'm aiming to go.

I'm not going to rewrite the personal email. But the gist of it, is that I want them to know what's happening with not only the training, but the progression of the business..what I'm working on..what's doing well..what's a flop. They have enabled me to get the training, and this is a way of being accountable.

So, I'm going to share the copywriting journey here on the blog. When things are going great..I'll share it. When the bottom falls out..I'll share it. If I fall on my face..I'll share it. If I knock the ball out of the park..I'll take the family out to eat, then..I'll share it!

Here's my plan for the next few months:
1.) Continue on and complete the American Writers and Artists Institute (AWAI) copywriting course.
2.) Simultaneously, study the H & T Seminar and implement the things they teach. (Realizing, of course, without implementation, all the knowledge in the world is useless. Knowledge + inactivity = 0)
3.) I've already begun bidding on small jobs to get things started. I've bid on 4 smaller projects in the past week.

Sunday night, I designed and submitted a flyer for a Home Depot contest in Wisconsin. I did this for the practice of doing a quick job under a deadline and did the entire thing, from discovering the contest announcement to rewriting the flyer and submitting it, in just over two hours. I'll post the results when I know what happens.

I WILL continue to write on other subjects, just like I've been doing. Today, a popular radio forum underwent a MAJOR change, that I think is not for the better. Live365 has a new broadcaster in Mississippi, thanks in part to some information I provided to them. I still like screen porches and country life. I still do a live radio show at least once a week. I still believe in the free enterprise system. I believe in America, where we are free to choose our own career path.

I'm sure the journey will be an interesting ride, for sure. FULL SPEED AHEAD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home