Saturday, April 15, 2006

Where Do They Find All These Talented Folks?

I receive a lot of music regularly from a lot of places. Most of it, however, comes for possible airplay on internet station, Country Giant WJJD. Now, I play a lot of classic country, but I'm also adding a lot of the newer songs and artists, too.

Recently I became acquainted with an almost-local young lady named Jessica Dean. Jessica is from Marianna, Fla., and attended Florida State University. After graduation, she moved to Nashville (in 2003, if I remember correctly) to pursue her love of music.

Well, Jessica first emailed me back in January, shared a little bit of information about herself, and told me about a song she had coming out.
That song, "Almost Doesn't Count," arrived back in March. I liked it, and immediately put it into the playlist. The individual track ratings, which are figured out through listener preferences, is rated "above average" and is being well received by the WJJD audience.

Here's Jessica's site:

http://www.jessicadeanonline.com


I've also enjoyed the first two singles by Danielle Peck, first "I Don't" and now
her current new single called "Finding A Good Man." I'd never heard of Danialle before last fall, but I feel that she's got the talent to go a long way in the country music industry.

http://www.daniellepeck.com

Finally, 12 year old Aaron Kelly, who looks like a miniature cowboy, has already shared the stage with folks like..well, Charlie Daniels. Aaron's remake of the old
"Hey Baby" ("..I wanna know if you'll be my girl..") also made it to WJJD's playlist a couple of weeks ago, and is going great.

http://www.aaronkellymusic.com

There's great new talent out there. But, I didn't receive any singing talent when the "gifts of the talents" were being given out.

I was once asked to sing tenor at church. The invitation surprised me.

Until I discovered they meant "Ten or.." As in, ten or twelve miles away from the church building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home