Tuesday, March 04, 2008

MUSIC OF NEW LIFE goals and challenges..

MUSIC OF NEW LIFE is now in its 11th week of syndication. I've gotten a little bit of feedback about the show..not a lot, of course, it being such a niche market..but enough to feel encouraged.

Recently I sent out the first newsletter I've done in over a year. It really seemed pointless to do any kind of newsletter when there was nothing happening. Of course, for those of you who have been keeping up with the blog, you can tell that this show has been exciting for me to develop and bring back to the airwaves.

Here are some behind-the-scenes developments:

Plans are almost complete to air the program over Access America on Sunday mornings beginning in April. Access America, based in New Orleans, covers North America via satellite on Galaxy 25 and worldwide via streaming. I don't believe there are any other Christian programs on this network. That alone sets it apart from Christian shows that are loaded onto all-Christian networks. I'm hoping it helps some stations discover the music and message, and consider carrying it. Access America is a free-to-air satellite service. Our airtime would cost $20 per hour
or about $960 per year.

I've registered with SponsorAnything.com, hoping this will help put the ministry in front of sponsors I don't know about or who I might not think would be interested. I'm hoping to find enough sponsors to underwrite operating costs, fund one additional computer for doing FTP audio file uploads and such, and help pay for a building. I've seen one I really like for $12,500..of course, it may sell before a sponsor is found, but it never hurts to pray for a miracle!

I've estimated the total cost, including that particular building, to run us $14,045. That is the amount I'm praying and working toward now, as it is a terrific starting point to making the program into the best it can be.

In addition, I am also operating the direct-mail business with two primary companies. I am
thinking that it might be best to develop these two into decent money-makers so that any slack in donations can be covered in this way.

Thanks to all who are praying for the program, and have made contributions. I really appreciate the help and support.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home