Monday, June 06, 2011

Combining...radio and affiliate marketing

While I'm playing catch-up a bit on the blog, I'd like to explain where I've been for the past couple of years, and share a bit about my plan for the future.

I had to take a hiatus from several things from 2007 to 2010 for family reasons - and they were good ones. My grandsons Benjamin (now 7) and Daniel (now 6) were getting old enough to need some type of education, and my stepdaughter had earlier decided to homeschool the boys. I felt this was a wonderful choice and told her we'd support that choice.

That led to me first teaching them under the Early Learning Coalition's program in 2006-2007, then independently from 2007 until August of 2010. I loved doing it, and grew very close to the boys.

When she was able to leave the workforce to become a stay-at-home mom, my emotions were mixed. I'd have time to pursue some ventures. But the boys would be living in Panama City.

So, the week after the boys were in Panama City, I decided to take a week to just do nothing except try to figure out what to do next.

What I felt that week was lost and without a purpose. That wouldn't do!

One week later, I began developing what would become Big D Country radio on November 4, 2010 - a localized Internet station with a morning show, which I would try to sell to advertisers. That story is available on the previous blog post, in case you missed it.

A few months into it, the station has a few advertisers. Many ads are per-inquiry, however. But one of them pulled a response.

Then, recently, I was re-introduced to something I piddled with some years back - affiliate marketing.

In May, I had the idea that perhaps I should consider re-entering the affiliate marketing business. I realize that my education in affiliate marketing is not as extensive as it could be, so I am refreshing my memory and learning new things.

Specifically, I am looking at the possibility of doing both the station AND affiliate marketing - perhaps together with some offers and independently with others.

I welcome ideas and suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home