Monday, June 13, 2011

Affiliate marketing idea # 1

As I continue along through the learning process of understanding affiliate marketing, I realized that the time is approaching to start putting ideas into action.

I also realized that I needed to expand beyond the radio station's website that lists all of the sp0nsors and advertisers, and build a more niche-oriented site for a specific product in order to really understand the business of affiliate marketing.

To me, one of the more time-consuming elements of getting started was just deciding on a domain name. And then, checking its availability.

I decided that I would try a niche site that is not based, or connected with radio. For a breath of fresh air, perhaps, and a look at a target that does not have to necessarily be generated through radio spots and liners.

Over the weekend, an idea was born. This morning I ended up searching for a suitable domain, and after a few tries, found one that worked.

The site is not on the Internet just yet, but I purchased the domain and hosting package today from HostGator. I have already
identified nine possible companies to work with as affiliate partners on this site.

More details coming as soon as the site is up and running. For those who are thinking about doing affiliate marketing, perhaps you can learn from my mistakes.

I'm learning from The Six Figure Program, by the way.

Next post: Why I knew I had to make some life changes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for very good info!
Advertising and marketing plays an important role in an organization which enables it to in the long run establish the success or failure of the enterprise.well Printandradio is a Tampa radio advertising agencies that specializes in creating large scale campaigns on regional and even national level direct response radio advertising and per inquiry advertising.
http://www.printandradio.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home