Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Jumping into the Copywriting World..

For the past few weeks, I have been hard at work on the launch of my
copywriting business. I've done a good bit of writing, even in my radio
days with WTAL and WCVC, so it really is just a new twist and some new
things to learn..but I'm finding it enjoyable to be writing on a more regular basis again.
I'm enrolled in a course, but I'll tell you, reading what the pros do, and applying
their advice, is like taking a graduate course at the same time.
The copywriting business already has several "live" paying projects. Matter of fact, I've had two before finally deciding to put up a new website. It looks like
I'll have three projects going on simultaneously in April alone, so I definitely
see a future in it for me. I turned one down, they wanted a bunch of letters done for something like $30! For $30 they can just do their own because they won't find anyone worth their salt even looking at it.
One of the projects involves a real estate letter that's potentially worth over a
million to the client. One is a postcard campaign for a company in Georgia
and the third is still pending but involves a few press releases.
I do pick and choose clients carefully, and only take the ones I feel I can genuinely help.http://www.pro-results-advertising.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home